- Research and project management
- Filming, editing, and producing features of all lengths and genres
- Experience with cultural institutions: Tate, V&A, British Museum, Library
- Working to a budget and accounting for expenditures
- Liaising and coordinating with individuals and component parts of projects
- Interviewing skills
- Personal skills on phone/email and people management
- Experience teaching and working with young people.
- Self Shooter
- Full proficiency in Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro and 16mm Steenbecks
- Working knowledge of Avid and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras and their Lens
- Proficiency in Canon and Sony HD video Cameras
- Experience in Black magic and Panasonic cameras
- Working knowledge of various sound recording equipment: Sony, Zoom etc
- Space studios Artists Awards 2021
- Arts Council Develop Your Creative Practice. 2021-22
- MRes in Fimmaking, Photography and Electronic Arts Goldsmiths University 2016- -2019 Passed with Distinction
- Certificate in Craft Editing (Avid) 2018 National Film and Television School
- Multimedia HNC– Westminster Kingsway University
- Diploma in digital media – LCP
- BA (Hons) Film & Video – London College of Communications
- Certificate in Visual Thinking Strategies facilitator
- Fear Station Traces Group Show at Tower Hamlets Cemetery
- Facilitating 2 day Arts workshop- I Hear, I See, I Feel at the Beamish Museum, Durham
- Group Show Space Artists Awards Exhibition – Space Studios Ilford. Photographic Project- Nightwalking
- Co- facilitating 2 day herbal workshop at Braziers Park
- Portrait photographer for Andrea Luka Zimmerman’s Sounding The Voices sound installation project
- Producing- Inside- oral history project – funded by Space Studios.
- Created and produced -Video installation for British Library – Art piece for their exhibition ‘London Life in Maps’, shown on large screen
- Currently developing -Namaste project working with St Joseph’s and St Cuthbert’s Hospice Arts Council funded
- Film facilitator -Where we live- Film project Barnard adventure Playground and Newlon Housing
- Facilitator for Tower Hamlets 360 –Building Local Narratives Smartphone film workshops Urban Affinity
- Photographic images for the walls of Cherry Tree Cancer Charity therapy rooms
- Camera for art film Installation “Waves” by Zory Shahrokhi – Norwich Arts Centre – Arts Council funded
- Created and produced Video installation at SOAS for Iranian Women Study Group – funded by National lottery
- Photographer for Alinah Azadeh Projects- The gifts and Burning the books – Bristol Museum and Art Gallery
- Filmmaker for several in situ 30 Bird Theatre company Productions performances
- Working with Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association photographing their events.
- Portrait photography, portrait collages – Private clients and personal collection.
- Filmography (selection) All films produced, shot and edited
- Pre-existing (9mins) Shortlisted at Swedenburg Film Festival 2020
- Magic Money Tree” (27mins) Mres practice based film Goldsmiths University. Shown at IIPPE 11th Annual Conference
- Hugh Mendes: Studio (7mins) -Produced in conjunction for Hugh’s solo show at the Charlie Smith Gallery and LA Galleries
- We see nothing Truly unless we understand it (3.32mins)- Produced for the AGM and website of the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association for their 45 years anniversary
- Lloyd miller Stories (in post) (57mins) Producer/Director/Camera/Editor: feature documentary about Lloyd Miller, an American Mormon/sufi jazz musician who had prime time TV programme in the 70’s in Iran. Set in from Utah.
- “Everything is Music” – 47 mins Director/ Producer/ Camera/Editor –documentary, Documentary about creole culture and identity as explored by the Iranian musician. Filmed in La Reunion island Endorsed by John Berger.
- “Vyner Street”- 6mins – Short observational film about 2 worlds living inconspicuously side by side, screened at London Film Festival, at End Film Festival and shortlisted at Open City Film Festival
- Music Videos Director/Producer/Camera/Editor – 3 music videos & short films: “Gol” (music band), Fragments – “Arash Khalatbari” In La Chappell & “Epicurean Army” , Screened at Optima Film Festival
- Worked for BBC World Service Director/ Producer/ Camera/ Editor making animations/ trailers for the web for their radio shows.
- “Get used to it’ 16mm 10 mins Director/ Producer/Camera/ Editor – short film about Bengali kick boxing community – Arts Council small award.
- Palimpsest, 5 mins 16mm Director/ Producer/Camera/ Editor film animation- screened at ICA, part of London Film Festival for Lux collections.
Freelance Work Experience (selection)
Freelance photographer, editor and film-maker 2006-2022
- Freelance Features editor for the BBC Persian Service
- Freelance features editor for Marjan TV online content
- Freelance filmmaker IPSOS/Mori
- Freelance filmmaker, Editor and facilitator for Urban Affinity
- Freelance filmmaker and online content for Iran Heritage Foundation
- Filming for online content in situ V&A, British Library, Tate, Briish Museum
- Created short films/animated trailers for BBC World Service Radio/TV
- Online content for University College London
- Editor on Carers’ Stories research project Wood Green Films.
- Freelance editor and filmmaker for Wood green Films
- Reprezence pilot for Channel 4 sitcom for Artikal films (Multicam edit)
- Filmed, edited and produced photographic content for a range of London-based artists and film companies including Artikal Films and Wood Green Films.
- Created film-based art installations for London Life in Maps Exhibition at the British Library
- Shot, edited and produced numerous charity promotional and fundraising films for London based cultural charities eg. Iran Heritage, arts groups and UCL online content.
- Asssitant editor for BBC drama The Debt.
Freelance Film and Photography Teacher 2005-2011
- Taught a variety of adult (including a class for technophobes) and women’s courses for West London community group Connections.
- Taught film-making courses run by Artikal Films under First Light Channel 4 screened film scheme targeted at excluded teenagers.
- Kids company creative photography work shops.
- BBC Blue Peter Initiative teaching children across the UK how to make a film in a day working for Chocolate Films
Recent additional training
- L2 CPD certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Visual Thinking Strategies
- Oral History Training, Oral History Society
- Namaste Dementia Care Service Training
- How to Manage Difficult and Challenging Behaviour
- Mental Health First aid
- Dementia Awareness
- Effective Minute taking
Past and Current Volunteering
- Crisis at Christmas
- Kids company
- The Courthauld digitising archive Project
- St Josephs Hospice end of life Dementia Namaste.
Click here to add your own text